Warranty from Floor Depot(Not total applied for some clearance product) Contact us for details
What is guaranteed by Floor Depot?
Life time Structural integrity warranty
The manufacturer warrants its product in its original manufactured condition to be free from defects in material and workmanship, including dimension, lamination and assembly and warrants that for the period of whole lifetime from the date of purchase it will not buckle, warp, twist or separate due to glue failure under normal household conditions. A normal household condition refers to common activities associated with residential use and maintained in accordance with Floor Depot’s Engineered Hardwood Flooring Care and Maintenance Guide.
What is not covered by Floor Depot?
Wood being a natural product will continue to expand and contract during normal seasonal temperature and humidity changes. The product, when properly installed, may experience slight expansion, contraction and separation between boards, which is normal. If minor separation does occur, it is not covered by this warranty. Expansion gaps should be installed as required. Wood Flooring may naturally experience minor checking (cracks). This is more common in environments that are excessively dry or excessively humid or prone to dramatic variations in humidity. This is not covered by this warranty.
Color variations can occur between batches of the same species. Color and appearance can also be affected by exposure to ultraviolet light and oxygen. Fading and discoloration from heat and sunlight is not covered by this warranty.
- Indentations, scratches, damage caused by negligence or accident, water ingress, insects, animals, high-heeled or spiked shoes, urine and high traffic areas.
- Where subfloor heating is used.
- Failure to follow the manufacturer’s written engineered hardwood floor installation instructions, including protecting the floor from subfloor moisture.
- Improper alterations to the original manufactured product. Alterations or repairs to the manufacturer’s original product will void all warranties.
- Exposure to excessive heat, sunlight or improper humidity in the environment.
- Changes in color or appearance due to full or partial exposure to sunlight, weather, ageing or refinishing.
- Improper maintenance, insufficient protection or misuse.
- Failure due to structural changes in the subfloor, settling of the building or an uneven subfloor that has not been adequately leveled (+/- 3mm over 1000mm).
The Floor Depot warranty is in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under a law in relation to the goods or services to which the warranty relates.
Floor Depot products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to major failure.
All expenses related to warranty claims are the responsibility of the consumer making the warranty claim.edies of the consumer under a law in relation to the goods or services to which the warranty relates.